Phawuo 3.0, one of the dirtiest sounding iOS synthesizers got a major AUv3 update and a separate macOS version.
Alexey Nadzharov has today released an update for its unique sounding Phawuo Synthesizer for iOS. The new version 3.0 features AUv3 support for the iPad & iPhone version as well as compatibility with OSC.
Besides this, the developer also released Phawuo as a macOS AUv3 plugin and standalone Synthesizer which includes the same engine. Presets can be shared across devices. The highlight of this iOS Synthesizer are the super dirty oscillators that sound like broken sound generators. Who likes crazy, glitchy or broken sounds, should check out this synth.
- Two special oscillators. Each one has two modes playing more rough (though antialiased waveforms with inharmonicity in higher pitches) or “cheezy” sound. Plays sawtooth/square waveform and is capable of pulse width modulation.
- distortion and feedback ring modulation for each oscillator
- 24 dB/octave state-variable filter (LP-BP-HP)
- two ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter
- LFO to modulate the frequency and pulse width of oscillators’ waveforms
- Effects section: two channels of delay + frequency shifter with feedback with some flexible routing. Also includes basic reverb
- Precise parameter editing: tap and hold finger on the slider.
- Audiobus support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information.
- Inter-App Audio support
- Background audio support: enabled when connected to Audiobus and user switchable otherwise.
- CoreMIDI support – virtual midi input
Phawuo 3.0 for iOS (iPhone/iPad) is available now for $2.99 USD. Existing users can update for free. The new macOS version is available for $6.99 USD from the Apple App Store.
More information here: Alexey Nadzharov