The “Magic Os” has been active again and the magic was so strong that I even missed the last news. Expert Sleepers has today released a new firmware update for the Disting Mk4 Eurorack module. The new firmware 4.12 brings a half-wave rectifier algorithm, multisample 2 audio playback and more. In June there was also a big update, which I missed, sorry.
This added a clockable SD ping pong, clockable wavetable envelope, and much more. A cool improved has also received the reverb algorithm. It features now a “freeze” and gain control for the reverb signal. There’s a lot of new things to discover in both updates. I’m just worried how much you can put into this small module.
New In Disting Mk4 Firmware 4.12
- Added the Half-wave Rectifier algorithm.
- Added the Multisample 2 Audio Playback algorithm.
- Added support for loop markers in WAV files.
- In all Audio Playback algorithms, added a small delay between choosing the folder and the disting loading it, to make it easier to scroll through many folders.
- In the Audio Playback with Crossfade algorithm, added display of the file chosen to fade in at the next crossfade.
- Fixed a problem when using ‘Envelope time’ in the dual audio playback algorithms and both voices were playing the same sample.
- Greatly increased performance when using ‘Envelope time’ in dual audio playback algorithms.
- In the Dual Euclidean Patterns algorithm, added independent Rotation control of the two patterns, and added a Repeat parameter, allowing the repeat count to be different from the number of steps in the pattern.
New In Disting Mk4 Firmware 4.11
- Added the Clockable SD Ping Pong algorithm.
- Added the Clockable Wavetable Envelope algorithm.
- The Wavetable VCO algorithm now has an option for output B to be a phase shifted version of output A.
- All algorithms that use wavetables now look in a specific folder for them, keeping them separate from normal audio files. The ‘playlist-wavetable.txt’ file is now optional.
- The Reverb algorithms now have a ‘freeze’ control, and a gain control for the reverb signal. The Size and Feedback parameters of these algorithms now use a range of 1-32.
- The VCO with waveshaping algorithm now has parameters for transpose and fine tune, and the option to use Z as an ‘oscillator sync’ input.
- The Voltage Controlled Delay Line algorithm now has an attenuator for the Y input and an option to insert a saturation stage into the delay feedback loop.
- The MIDI/CV algorithm now supports CC control of the outputs with a 0-10V range.
- Added support for fingered portamento to the MIDI/CV algorithm.
- Improved the quality of the Vocoder algorithm. Also added attenuator parameters for the Vocoder algorithm’s outputs.
- Added a parameter to the MIDI File Playback (Clocked) algorithm to select the MIDI file directly, not using the Z knob/CV.
- Added the option of gate inverters to the Linear/Exponential Converter.
- Added support for sending MIDI clock into the disting over the Select Bus.
- All audio playback algorithms are now consistent about non-looping WAV files not playing until they’re triggered.
- Added support for MIDI pitch bend to the Audio Playback with V/Oct and Multisample Audio Playback algorithms.
- The Clocked Audio Playback algorithm now has an option to use Z to control sample start position.
- Added the ‘startQuantize’ audio playlist option.
- Saving a preset now also saves which parameter is currently assigned to the S knob.
- Fixed a problem where the SD Delay algorithms would not work correctly if they were the first algorithm used at power up.
- Fixed a problem where using the knob recorder on the Dual Waveshaper algorithm would corrupt the output.
- Fixed a problem where non-looped WAV files might play with a click at the end of the sample.
Expert Sleepers Disting Mk4 Firmware 4.12 is available now as a free download. It’s only compatible with the Disting Mk4.
More information here: Expert Sleepers
Disting Mk4 is available now at our partner