At Superbooth 19, the Belgian manufacturer Joranalogue has introduced a new exciting module. After the Filter 8 and other smaller modules, it’s time for a versatile oscillator that takes up little space in your rack. Generate 3 is a new 12hp triangle-core analog oscillator with deep through-zero modulation possibilities. Yes, it’s a true TZ monster! It features three types of through-zero modulation: linear FM, phase mod and amp modulation.
The latter is on three timbral channels including fundamental (sine), even (saw) and odd harmonics. Besides this, it comes with exponential FM, two sync types (hard & soft sync) and the possibility to use it as an ultra-wide LFO (LF mode). The results are rich and complex tones which go far beyond classical analog synthesis. Generate 3 offers a lot in a small space. Very curious to see how the final module sounds.
Any signal can be expressed in terms of a few parameters: frequency, phase, amplitude, and timbre. It is through modulation of these aspects that synthesists create electronic sound. With Generate 3, it is now possible to create a signal and control all its parameters by through-zero modulation within a single 12 HP wide module.
- High-stability precision analogue triangle-core VC(LF)O with fine and coarse tuning.
- Waveform outputs: core (triangle), fundamental (sine), even (saw), odd and full (mix of timbral channels).
- 1 volt/octave pitch tracking over the full audio range.
- Exponential frequency modulation with polariser knob.
- Through-zero linear frequency modulation with symmetry/modulation polariser knob, and AC-coupling and bias switches.
- Through-zero phase modulation with 900° of shift range.
- Through-zero amplitude modulation of three timbral channels: fundamental, even and odd harmonics.
- Two simultaneous oscillator synchronisation types: reset (hard sync) and flip (soft sync).
- LF mode for LFO use. Ultra-wide total frequency range: 2.8 mHz (6 minutes) to 27 kHz, a range of nearly 10,000,000:1!
- Impedance-compensated outputs with dual-colour LEDs.
- Trim potentiometer accessible from the front panel.
- Precision-milled 2 mm anodised aluminium front panel with high-resolution, non-erasable graphics.
- Bullet-proof design: polarised power header and MOSFET protection circuit.
- Includes 16-to-10-pin Eurorack power ribbon cable.
- Premium mounting hardware: black screws, black nylon washers and matching hex key.
Availability & Price
Estimated release in Summer (September) for a price of +/- 350€.
More information here: Joranalogue