Grayscale has announced that Supercell, an expanded version of the Mutable Instruments Clouds granular processor for Eurorack is available now. Supercell features a wide range of new features including individual knobs & CV inputs for the blend parameters, expanded I/O & more!
News From March 16th, 2018!
When Mutable Instruments announced that they were stopping the outstanding Clouds granular processor for Eurorack, there was a lot of mourning in the communities. Clouds is still today one of the best and exciting granular modules available, as it’s very straightforward to use. There is also space to be excited about the future: Oliver has promised us a successor for this module for this year.
In the meantime, Grayscale has drilled the open-source code of the Clouds and built a new enhanced version of it. Per example, each of the blend parameters have now individual controls with their own CV inputs & inverting attenuators or also a stereo output gain control. Clouds, the granular synthesis module from Mutable Instruments, was discontinued in 2017. Supercell brings back Clouds in a new form factor, offering expanded modulation options and a few additional features
Grayscale Supercell ripping time and space 😮🌀
Gepostet von Richard Devine am Mittwoch, 6. März 2019
- Each of the Blend parameters (Feedback, Panning, Mix, and Space) have dedicated knobs with their own CV inputs and inverting attenuators (attenuverters).
- The inputs and outputs now have mute switches, stereo VCAs, and separate VU meters. The knobs act as offset controls when their respective VCA inputs are patched.
- A stereo output gain control has been added, providing an additional +6 dB of gain to compensate for low output levels when using certain parameter combinations.
- The complex process of changing the sampling time and managing presets has been simplified with dedicated switches and status LEDs.
- Extensive modulation options for all parameters including direct patching of external CV, distribution of one CV to all parameters via the AUX input, or an internal smooth random CV that is normalized to any unpatched inputs when AUX is also unpatched. The attenuverters control the modulation depth in all three cases. As of firmware v1.01 the internal modulation rate can be adjusted within a range of 1 to 100 Hz.
- The inputs and outputs now include stereo VCAs and separate VU meters. The knobs act as offset controls when their respective VCA inputs are patched.
- Pitch is now controlled by two separate inputs: the V/Oct input is exponential and the Pitch input is linear. When both inputs are used, their voltages are summed.
- A manual Trig switch (for capturing individual grains) has been added, in addition to the Trig input that was present on Clouds.
Grayscale Supercell is available now for $456 USD from the official website.
More information here: Grayscale Supercell
Let me know in the comments what do you think. Do not panic if the comment is not displayed directly, it must first be unlocked!