Before the Bitwig team concentrates fully on the upcoming v3 with the modular engine, users can now download the new Bitwig Studio 2.5 update with many new features. It offers a new clip blocks functionality, new devices, plugin hosting overhaul and more.
For Bitwig Studio 2.5, we chose a few select features that were either requested or inspired by our community (that’s you). Some features lean toward performance. Others streamline audio editing. And a few help you find what you need faster.
New Features In Bitwig 2.5
- Plug-in hosting overhaul.
- The concept of clip blocks, for addressing different groups of Launcher clips with new Next Action options.
- Slide-content editing gesture, for shifting the content of clips from the Arranger Panel (and audio events from the Detail Editor Panel).
- New device: Note FX Selector, for setting up multiple note FX layers and dynamically switching between them.
- macOS: Pinch-zooming using the trackpad for zooming in all timeline editors (including Arranger) and in the Sampler waveform display.
Bitwig Studio 2.5 is a free update for existing users with an active upgrade plan. New customers can purchase for $399 USD.
More information here: Bitwig Studio 2.5
Full version available here via our partners