Uncprop Modular from Germany launched recently on Kickstarter a new product that expands the functions of any semi-modular synth. The FamilyTool is a new 20hp-wide add-on for semi-modular synths that features new connections (switches, OR-logic mixers, passive multiplier…). It fits perfectly from the design to the Moog Mother-32 or DFAM Synthesizer.
Although it does not make sounds, it gives musicians many new patching options that are not possible with the synths. Which is nice: you can screw the module out of the case and screw in another module. This is possible because it contains a PSU for powering other Eurorack modules. For example, you can extend the Mother-32 with an effect processor module.
The FamilyTool includes a 20hp extruded black anodized aluminium body to fit the eurorack standard. With its two wooden side panels the UNCPROP case attaches perfectly to your DFAM and Mother-32 synthesizers or stands boldly next to any other semi-modular synth, extending them in space and functionality. With its built-in PSU you can power up to 3 eurorack modules within the 20hp space.
The lightweight UNCPROP case can be fixed with a couple of screws on either side or in-between two DFAM/Mother-32. The slightly adjusted shape of our UNCPROP case provides space for any eurorack module up to 35mm in depth.
- MULT-OR-SWITCH Module
- 6 A/B switches for up to six switchable routings
- 2 of which are OR-logic mixers
- No external power source needed*
- Passive MULT (1:4 or 2×1:2)
- Patching fun with 24 I/Os
- UNCPROP Case
- Fits eurorack modules up to 20hp and 35mm depth (e.g. Clouds and MATHS)
- Perfectly fits DFAM/Mother-32 and
- Is a great addition to any other semi-modular synth
- For heavy users & beginners
- StretchGoal: internal PSU
- Then also works as a standalone eurorack case/effects unit
- Handcrafted wooden panels (walnut)
The FamilyTool is available now for pre-order on Kickstarter for 199€.
More information here: FamilyTool