Strymon is back with a new effect pedal that is green and based on vintage tape delays. It features three magnetic delay types (drum echo, tape echo, reel-to-reel studio), a looper and a vintage spring reverb. On top, it comes four onboard delay playback heads each with individual feedback, panning and level controls.
As with any pedal, the Strymon development team is taking a step forward with the features. In Volante it’s possible to dial in mechanically related speed fluctuations, payback head wear and adjust the spacing between heads. It comes also with performance & studio features like MIDI integration, up to 8 onboard presets, stereo panning, expression input and more. It looks a bit shrilly green, but it sounds excellent and unique again. Looking forward for more demos with synths.
- recreation of analog-style echoes
- 3 magnetic delay types: magnetic drum echo, tape echo, and reel-to-reel studio echo
- 4 playback heads with individual control over level, feedback, and panning
- 3 echo machine speeds exhibit an interesting range of effects
- magnetic record head saturation yields warm, luscious delay signals
- looper with reverse, tape stop, and speed change effects
- variable head spacing creates interesting sonic interactions
- produce sonic cacophony with self-oscillating feedback loops
- dedicated spring reverb adds dimension to your playing
- tap tempo footswitch lets you set tempo on the fly
- provides instant access to 8 presets with up to 300 available via MIDI
- expression pedal input for instantaneous, continuous control
- instrument/line-level capabilities make it equally at home on your pedalboard or in the studio
- selectable true bypass/analog buffered bypass switching
Strymon Volante is available now for pre-order for $399 USD (plus tax)/435€ via the Strymon Store and any official retailer.
More information here: Strymon
Available here for pre-order: Strymon Volante