U-he HIVE 1.2 Synthesizer features wavetable synthesis, new preset browser with + 400 new presets, more modulation power, VST3 support & more!
As I already announced, it will be a big wavetable week. After DUNE 3 and Pigments, U-he has released an update for the HIVE Synthesizer. The new version brings wavetable support, over 400 new presets, VST 3 support and much more!
As usual it’s a free update and for me a really nice gift from U-he for their existing customers.
With the release of version 1.2, Hive features Wavetable scanning support. Wavetables can be easily selectable as oscillator waveforms and controlled in the Hive hexagon. It’s also possible to manually scan through wavetables, or to automate the scanning via the modulation matrix. Through the wavetable controls, you can enable the scanning in Auto mode with different looping options. This lets you animate the position without the need of a modulation source.
More features include a Reverse option to flip the wavetable back to front, Cyclic mode for seamless wavetable cycling, and different real-time interpolation methods. Multi-table: This feature splits the wavetable from between 2 and 16 parts. Eg: a wavetable with 30 frames can be split into 3 wavetables each with 10 frames – by setting the number of Tables to 3. The Multi Position knob scans those set tables. This opens up a second dimension of wavetable scanning, such as velocity crossfades or multisample support.
Optional scripting: Want to go even more in-depth? Wavetables in Hive are also available as .uhm files. These files contain scripts made with a proprietary wavetable generation and manipulation language. Getting started is easy and fun.
New In HIVE 1.2
- New Features/Improvements:
- New Preset Browser.
- New Wavetable oscillator.
- New XY Macro Control with auto-assignment.
- New Mod Matrix modifiers (Curve, Quantize, Rectify, Slew Limiter).
- New Mod Matrix modulation depth cross modulation.
- 489 new factory presets.
- Added MicroTuning support.
- Added VST3 support.
- Pitchbend range now +/−48.
- New user defined MIDI CC sources replace fixed expression and breath modulation.
- Control A/B offset feature added (to use XYs instead of user defined MIDI CC sources).
- Reveal in Finder/Explorer function available for module presets.
- Plug-in format and OS info displayed in GUI alongside revision number.
- Mouseover shows parameter values in Data Display.
- GUI performance improvements on Windows.
- Init preset can be loaded from Data Display (for Win users: also works via right-click).
- Increased maximum number of skins from 10 to 20.
- Improved handling of 14bit MIDI CC assignment.
- Added UTF-8 support for user registration.
- Windows installer suggests new default installation location.
- Windows installer now certified.
- MacOS High Sierra / Mojave compatibility.
- Factory presets are tagged now.
- Volume of factory presets now more consistent.
- Fixed unsorted folders and presets when using APFS file system in macOS High Sierra / Mojave.
- Fixed possible crash in Cubase when selecting presets (Mac OS X only).
- Fixed an issue where long preset names could extend outside the Data Display or Preset Browser window.
- Fixed an issue in sequencer, if ‘dynamic velocity’ was active, it could produce notes with zero velocity.
- Fixed zipper noises when turning/modulating distortion parameters.
- Fixed an issue where clicks could occur during the first few notes played.
- Fixed an issue where envelope sustain could overshoot and create loud clicks.
- Smoother dry/wet fx parameter modulation.
- Oscillator in flow mode now randomizes phase of first played note.
- Fixed an issue where link button was reactivating itself when switching skins.
- Various small fixes and improvements.
- Known Issues & Notes:
- Depending on the used wavetable, some presets might take a short moment to fully load.
- Storing wavetables next to presets will only work in local (factory presets) location for now.
- Mac: if installing AU plugin format, you may need to reboot your Mac after installation (Apple bug).
- Windows: if running an update installation, please check if the automatic folder selection chooses the correct path; if in doubt, use the manual folder selection option.
- Windows: slight flickering of the browser background when switching presets.
- Tags are now final, so if you were using the latest build (rev. 7485) or the tech preview (7742) to tag your presets, please check and adjust if necessary.
U-he Hive is available now for Windows, Mac and Linux for VST, VST 3, AU and AAX.. The update is free for all owners of Hive 1.x. The plugin is also on sale for 119€ for limited time (regular 149€).
More information here: U-he