NanoStudio 2 by Blip Interactive is a full-featured DAW for iOS with a full-featured synth/sampler, drum-pad sampler, effects, advanced editing functions & more!
NanoStudio by Blip Interactive is still one of the most popular DAW apps for iOS. It contains everything needed to produce whole songs. Recently, the developer has released NanoStudio 2, which includes many new features and more. Highlights are: full-featured multi-engine Synthesizer (VA, FM, wavetable…) and sampler, support for AUv3 and a brand-new designed interface.
I had the chance to check the new version. To be honest, I have never been a NanoStudio user but after working one hour with NanoStudio 2, I can say: it’s really nice. The workflow is super easy/intuitive, the build-in synth/sampler instrument sounds great and the interface is very smooth. Unfortunately, audio clips are still missing but the developer has promised this and other new features for 2019!
The giveaway is closed! The winner will be announced very soon!
With six years of development behind it, NanoStudio 2 builds upon the same design principles that made its predecessor so popular and then takes a quantum leap with a massive range of extra features and a new audio engine delivering truly professional sound quality. Everything is optimized for CPU efficiency, so complex projects with many instruments and effects are handled with ease.
NanoStudio 2 is also a fully-featured host for Audio Unit (AUv3) instruments, audio effects and MIDI effects. Designed for end-to-end music production, NanoStudio 2 is designed to take a user from the idea stage to a final master.
- Sequencer with unlimited tracks and lanes, automation and tempo/time signature tracks.
- Mixer with arbitrary track grouping/nesting, unlimited insert effect chains, audio/MIDI sends and full latency compensation.
- Synth with 7 different synthesis methods (including multi-samples), 18 filter types and 300+ factory patches.
- Drum pad sampler with 32 pads, 500+ samples (including multi-sampled acoustic drums) and 50+ factory kits.
- Built-in effects include algorithmic reverb, sidechain compressor/expander, look-ahead limiter, EQ with spectrum analysis, delay, waveshaper, exciter, chorus, flanger and phaser.
- Hosts Audio Unit (AUv3) instruments and audio/MIDI effects.
- Sample recorder and editor supporting audio files up to 2 hours long.
- File sharing options include iOS Files app, Dropbox, AudioShare and WebDAV.
- Support for Ableton Link.
- Support for multi-channel external audio hardware.
Blip Interactive NanoStudio 2 for iPad is available now for 32.99 EUR/£28.99 GBP/$29.99 USD. Extra sound packs are available as iAP.
More information here: Blip Interactive NanoStudio 2
Support the iOS coverage here: Patreon