Acon Digital Reverb Solo
Super simple, beautiful reverb from Acon Digital and Reverb.com. A foundational effect that gives mixes a sense of space. On a return track to place instruments in a mix. Just one knob to dial in a world of reverb sounds.
From bright, nearly slap-back echo, to elongated cavernous rumbles, this first partnership between Acon Digital and Reverb.com brings an entirely new ambience to your tracks. With just one knob, you can dial in short, bright reverb for a small room, up-front vibe, or long, dark reverb that places your mix in deep space.
Available here: Acon Digital Reverb Solo
Ambience is a reverb that rivals the quality of the best commercial reverbs. It also includes some unusual functions, like a gater and a very useful hold function Due to the superior quality of the plugin and its array of useful presets and functions, the Ambience plugin has become somewhat of a free VST “Classic”.
- Presets: An array of quality presets are included!
- Dry: Gain of direct (unprocessed) sound. To use Ambience as a send effect, set this to -inf.
- Wet: Gain of processed sound.
- Time: The time it takes for the reverb echoes to die out.
- Size: The size of the room. Note that long reverb time and small room size don’t mix well. For natural sounds, a small room size should be accompanied by a short reverb time, and vice verse.
- Pre-Delay: Amount of delay between the direct sound and the onset of the first echoes.
- Width: All the way from mono (0%) to wide stereo (100%). Probably you will want this one at 100% all the time.
- Quality: This knob allows you to trade off reverb quality for CPU usage. High quality <=> high cpu usage. You can make fun effects if you set it very low (try it!).
- Variation: This button creates a new variant of the same room. If there’s some annoying echo/ringing in the reverb that bugs you, hit this button a few times until you find a variation that you like. If it still sounds bad to you, try raising the Quality too.
Available here: Ambience
Denis Tihanov OrilRiver
OrilRiver is a free algorithmic stereo reverb that can rival the quality of commercial reverbs. With this plugin it is possible to simulate the reverberation of a small room and great hall. OrilRiver has an intuitive interface thanks to which the user can quickly adjust the desired reverb sound.
- 12 variations of the early reflections.
- 5 variations of the reverb tail.
- 3-band equalizer for the wet signal, which helps to create different shades of the virtual space.
- Internal signal processing: 64-bit floating point.
- Sample Rate: from 44100 to 192000 Hz.
- Two graphical interfaces.
Available here: OrilRiver