The third version of the Gladiator Synthesizer by Tone2 Audio features major new features, a brand new interface, an expanded factory library & is a free update!
Tone2 Audio has released today Gladiator 3, a big update for its flagship Synthesizer plugin that features the unique HCM-synthesis technology. The new version features a larger and resizable GUI, better sound quality, a new patch browser, 176 new patches and more.
Beside the interface changes, the developers also added many new features that brings sound design further: 6 additional LFO waveforms, 18 new unison modes, new loop modes and more. For existing Gladiator 2 users, this update is free of charge what is a great news!
The award-winning HCM-synthesis is exclusive to Gladiator and not available from any other company. It is based on a wide range of interesting waveforms, wavetables, resynthesized samples, voices and natural sounds.
The harmonic structure can be modified with 10 modules and 132 different algorithms to alter the sound. A powerful randomize-function allows the creation of an unlimited number of musically useful sounds with a single mouse-click!
Gladiator supports up to 18 oscillators per voice with stacking, 4x stereo unison and crystal clear sound-quality.
New In Gladiator 3
- Created a new interface, which is nearly twice as large.
- By clicking on ‘EDITOR SIZE’ you can select from four different interface sizes.
- Added a comfortable, new patch browser.
- New sound-quality mode ‘high-end’.
- 18 additional unison modes with a diverse selection of chords.
- Added context sensitive tooltips with detailed descriptions for all controls.
- The patches can be ranked by clicking on the stars in the patch browser.
- The patch rankings are stored within the file “Ranking.rnk”.
- 6 additional lfo waveforms: “Stair 4 up”,”Stair 8 up”,”Stair 4 down”,”Stair 8 down”,”Stair 4 up/down”,”Stair 8 up/down”.
- Added manuals in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian to the new help menu.
- New loop mode “Noise”, which jumps to a random section .
- New loop mode “\/50%”, which ping-pong-loops 50% of the spectrum.
- New loop mode “\/25%”, which ping-pong-loops 25% of the spectrum.
- 3 additional phase-modifiers “Zzzap”, which sound like a laser.
- 3 additional phase-modifiers “Boing”, which sound like a reverse laser.
- 2 additional phase-modifiers “Odd noise” and “Even noise”, which noisify the spectrum.
- 2 additional phase-modifiers “Odd 90” and “Even 90”, which sound like a sub-oscillator.
- Information tags about the patches are shown in the patch browser.
- Extended halftone-range for the arpeggiator from -23 to +23.
- Added cross-product-compatibility: Save->’Export…’ exports the sound of osc1 as an Icarus compatible wavetable in wav format.
- Video tutorials can be shown from the help menu.
- Updates and additional sounds can be accessed directly from the help menu.
- 176 additional patches.
- Various sound and interface enhancements, improvements and fixes.
Tone2 Audio Gladiator 3 is available now for 149€ /$169 USD. The update is free of charge for owners of Gladiator 2 Synthesizer.
More information here: Tone2 Audio