A new update for the amazing app RE-1 Tape Machine for iOS is out that brings iPhone support, new features, improvements & bug fixes!
Kai Aras of Numerical Audio has just released a first big update for the excellent RE-1 Tape Machine app for iOS. The new version brings iPhone support, drag & drop sample import & export support as well as better descriptions. On top of this, the developed fixed a lot of bugs.
RE-1 is a full featured virtual Tape Machine capable of delivering authentic tape based echo and chorus effects but it doesn’t stop there. With it’s interactive tape player, sample, loop and overdub features it’s possible to use it like a virtual tape recorder, sample player, looper or simply as a master effect.
- Universal: added iPhone support
- UI: Added
- “What’s new” dialogue
- Sample export dialoge with options for applying a crossfade at the loop point and adjusting sample volume before writing it to disk
- Info mode – when enabled, tapping any control will bring up a description of it’s function as well as suggestions on how to use it
- Support for drag n drop import/export of samples (works in Standalone and AU)
- Optimizations: improved drawing performance
- Optimizations: decreased install size
- Looping: When overdub is engaded, feedback only affects output from the second and third playback heads (this change was made to avoiding high pitched artifacts caused by modulating a delay time of 0hz)
- Fixed an issue where
- importing .wav files using uncommon format headers would crash the app or create static
- “link transport” and “time-stretch” buttons would not toggle properly
- restoring an ApeMatrix session with RE-1 inside would crash the plugin
- wireless headphones would result in low quality mono audio
- changing the host tempo would cause time-streching to be calculated based on the previous, not the updated tempo
- loading the app in Garagageband would cause a crash (only relates to IAA, not AUv3)
- time-stretching would only be applied to samples loaded from audio files but not live recordings
- the right channel would behave differnetly from the left when applyin feedback in overdub mode
RE-1 Tape Machine is available now for $9.99 USD from the Apple App Store. The update 1.1 is free of charge for existing users!
More information here: RE-1 Tape Machine