The SP2016 Reverb from Eventide is a new reverb plugin that recreates a classic collection of algorithms from the best-known SP2016 rack-mount multi-effects processor!
Eventide has released today a new reverb plugin for PC & Mac. The SP2016 Reverb is a plugin that recreates a classic collection of reverb algorithms from the SP2016, the first rack-mount multi-effects processor. It includes room, stereo room or also plate algorithms.
The original SP2016 introduced the concept of ‘plug-ins’ to a perplexed pro audio world way back in 1982! Revered for its signature reverbs by mix and recording engineers like Mick Guzauski, Roy Hendrickson, George Massenburg, Dave Pensado, and Allen Sides, to name but a notable few, the SP2016 can be heard on countless hit records, from Madonna to Mariah Carey and Adele to Emimen.
“The classic Eventide SP2016 has always been my go-to reverb,” says legendary mix engineer Dave Pensado. “It has the unique ability to make vocals, instruments, and drums sit perfectly in a mix. The new SP2016 plug-in now gives us all access to this incredible reverb, and no one is happier about this than me!” Precisely modelling every aspect of those hardware units was neither quick nor easy, but today the must-have sonic beauty bestowed by these reverb classics can be applied to anything — in-the-box or live.
- Three distinct reverb types, each available in two versions: Vintage and Modern. The Modern algorithms are brighter, more diffused, and use higher bit resolution.
- Room: Basic no-nonsense, no-frills ambient ‘room.’ The extreme pre-delay range makes it possible to use this effect for reverberant doubling and single echoes.
- Stereo Room: Recreates the ambience of a large concert hall, with very clear, natural reverberation.
- Hi-Density Plate: Plate reverb with dual pickups simulating the effect of a big, heavy plate allowing users to make vocals, guitars, and percussive instruments appear much bigger and brighter than they actually are.
- Unique Position control allows users to take their listeners from the back of the room all the way to the stage while retaining all of their other settings.
- Control the structure of the reverb by fine-tuning the controls — including PREDELAY, DECAY, POSITION, and DIFFUSION. The EQ section allows for simple high and low filtering of the reverb with adjustable filter ranges. The low filter can be used to cut or boost at the specified frequency.
- Boasts a variety of artist presets including some by Dave Pensado, Joe Chiccarelli, Richard Devine, Sasha, George Massenberg, The Butcher Bros., Buda &Grandz, Erin Tonkon, and more.
Eventide SP2016 Reverb is available now for the introduction price of $79 USD through October 31st, 2018 (regular $249 USD). Owners of Eventide’s 2016 Stereo Room or Anthology XI can cross-grade at Eventide for $29 USD during the promo period.
Available here: Eventide SP2016 Reverb