AudioKit Digital D1 Synth doesn’t emulate the Roland D-50 but pays tribute in a brand-new designed Synthesizer app for iPad!
Who does not know the legendary PCM Synthesizers (Roland D-50…) from the past that are still loved by many musicians today. Many software company have already tried to emulate this synth but without success. Most of these have been taken off the market because of copyright issues. The problem here is always the built-in samples who are protected by Roland. Now a new app from the developer AudioKit brings this type of instrument to iOS.
AudioKit Digital D1 Synth is a new dual layer virtual analog / PCM based iPad Synthesizer that pays tribute to the vintage PCM synths without emulating them. It’s nice to see that they have sampled here over 1GB of new sound sources which are here built-in as PCM content. So users can design other sounds than with a classic D-50 and the developer eliminates legal issues in a very creative way. Important to know, they doesn’t use here LA-Synthesis but virtual analog with PCM playback.
In sum, the Digital D1 is a beautiful Synthesizer app that recreates the spirit of the legendary PCM based synths, incorporating more features without copying/touching the concept of the original instruments. Great work Matthew Fecher! Btw: AUv3 support is coming by end of this year!
Epic 64-voice Virtual Analog / PCM iPad Synth, inspired by the Digital Synths of the 80s and 90s.
- 64-voice Hybrid Digital Poly Synthesis.
- fully loaded w/ 300+ presets by Brice Beasley, Matthew Fecher, Red Sky Lullaby, Jakob Haq, Dean Daughters (Electronisounds), Sound of Izrael, AfroDJMac, and more.
- full 1+ Gigabyte of original samples recorded from analog & fm synths over 30+ years old.
- space-saving Compression. The whole app is under 150mb
- dual layers per voice. Keyboard splits. Velocity Scaling.
- vintage-style Arp/Step Sequencer that can be routed to specific layers.
- 3 LFOs. Fun Routings. LFOs can modify other LFOs.
- dual Independent per-Layer filters
- plus, Per-voice harmonic key tracked Envelope filters. At full polyphony, that’s 130-filters running at once!
- FX: Glorious Reverb, Phaser, Digital Delay, Distortion, Flanger, Chorus, Crush, and more.
- Inter-app Audio & AudioBus 3
- perfect with a MIDI Keyboard
- Ableton Link
- all kinds of awesome stuff
- the Sound. Oh, the sound. You won’t believe it.
Optimized for newer iPads for best performance. App will not work on older iPad 4 devices. Not sure if it will run on your device? Download our free AudioKit Synth One. If that works, this will too! AUv3 support is coming around Dec/Jan. It will be a free upgrade. Or, you can just wait and buy it then. No rush. We’re cool. You’re cool. Everyone’s cool with Digital D1!
AudioKit Digital D1 Synthesizer is available now in an introduction price for $4.99 USD on the Apple App Store. 100% of proceeds from this app go to support the AudioKit open-source project & AudioKit Synth One.
Available here: AudioKit Digital D1