It’s not an analog synth but the AX-Edge by Roland is a new performance oriented battery powered Keytar with a built-in synth-engine!
It’s Roland day and time for new drum and synth products. No new analog synth but a new keytar! Yes, it’s right, one of the new Roland products is the new AX-Edge performance Synthesizer keytar that features 49 full-sized keys and a built-in synth engine with 79 types of multi-effects. All this is powered by rechargeable batteries with an up to 4 hours operation.
Hamamatsu, Japan, September 13, 2018— Roland unveils the AX-Edge Keytar, a performance synthesizer designed to be played in a standing position with a shoulder strap. Building on decades of refinement and input from artists around the world, the AX-Edge features 49 full-sized keys and a professional sound set crafted specifically for keytarists. It also offers a sleek, modern design with the unique ability to interchange Edge Blades and customize the instrument’s look.
Compact and battery operated, the AX-Edge is a powerful mobile instrument that enables performing keyboardists to take center stage and put their music in the spotlight. The AX-Edge delivers a striking presence that makes any live player stand out. Models are available in black or white finishes, and the black model features an all-black keyboard for a dark, sophisticated appearance. Each AX-Edge model comes with an extra Edge Blade in the box (a silver Edge Blade for the black model and a gold Edge Blade for the white), allowing the player to create a fresh look that complements their personal performance style.
Inside the AX-Edge is a carefully curated sound set driven by Roland’s latest sound technologies. Optimized for stage performance, the sounds are designed to cut through even in loud bands. Dedicated buttons provide instant access to edgy leads, fat basses, and all types of sounds perfect for the performing keytarist, whether it’s taking solos or sharing the limelight with bandmates. Users can customize sounds by wirelessly connecting to the AX-Edge editor app with Bluetooth® MIDI. Splits and layers take full advantage of the expansive, full-sized keyboard, and there’s wealth of stunning effects that provide polished, studio-quality tone in any venue. And thanks to the Tone
- 4 parts + vocoder with mic input
- 320 programs and over 500 preset tones for keytarists
- 79 types of part multi-effects and part EQ, 79 types of program multi-effects, chorus, reverb, master compressor, and master EQ
- 49 full-sized keys with velocity and channel aftertouch
- Up to 4 hours of battery-powered* operation; can also be powered via AC adaptor
- *Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries only*
- Tone Remain function switches sounds seamlessly without unnatural sound cutoff
- Ribbon controller, modulation bar, and assignable controls for expressive performance
- Bluetooth MIDI and editor app for wireless sound customization
- Weighs just 9 lb. 5 oz./4.2 kg (without batteries)
- Available in black and white models with removable Edge Blade for custom look
- One extra Edge Blade included to complement your AX-Edge model
- Audio file playback via external USB memory
- Master MIDI controller functionality for remote operation of sound modules, plug-ins, and more
- Dual display system optimized for live performance
- Optional ST-AX2 stand provides stable support when the instrument is not in use
Price and Availability: TBA
More information here: Roland