Gestrument Pro combines everything you love about the first Gestrument app, brings new features and takes it to a new level of music composing with gestures
Hello Gestrument Pro! The beloved Gestrument app is back for iOS and becomes even better. As you probably know, the initial Gestrument was an exciting app that change the way how musicians compose music. The new Gestrument Pro version includes everything you love from the first release and includes features like multi-touch support, recordable automations or also scale editing. It is fascinating that the app is not only an exciting tool for traditional musicians but also for experimental music. So even drones and soundscapes can be done here very nicely.
Gestrument Pro is not just a big update but more a massive step forward for an app that shows how to create music with modern technologies. Jesper Nording and Jonatan Liljedahl (Kymatica) made here a great job and raise the bar of music production with gestures to the next level in my opinion. Cool is that current users of Gestrument can upgrade for a lower price to the new Pro version.
Play, improvise and compose in real-time within a framework of interactive generative musical systems. Award-winning composer Jesper Nordin and leading iOS developer Jonatan Liljedahl (Kymatica) has completely re-invented their unique app from 2012 and taken the concept to the next level.
Gestrument Pro takes everything we loved about Gestrument and improves on its original functionality while introducing a host of new features such as multi-touch, recordable automations, advanced scale editing and our unique system of highly tweakable modular generators that define the pitches and rhythms. With Gestrument Pro you can Play, Improvise and Compose music with deeper levels of personal expression than ever before.
- Up to 16 individual Instruments.
- Each Instrument can be controlled by any of up to 8 Cursors.
- Instruments can use internal high quality sounds or play other Synthesizers or apps via MIDI.
- Modular swappable Generators for producing the rhythms and pitches per Instrument, each with their own set of tweakable parameters and settings.
- 8 performance sliders that each can control one or more parameters in the Instruments and their Generators.
- A highly flexible modulation system allows assigning Sliders and Cursor position/pressure to any parameter in the Instruments.
- Advanced microtonal Scale editor with several standard scales included.
- 8 Scale Slots for fast switching between scales and tonalities during performance.
- Sliders, Cursors and Scale Slots can be recorded into automated loops, or controlled via MIDI.
- Supports Inter-App Audio and Audiobus, including host sync for following the hosts transport and tempo.
Gestrument Pro is available now for $16.99 USD from the Apple App Store. Existing users of Gestrument can upgrade by buying the Upgrade Bundle.