Check out Metunar’s beautiful soundscapes & textures while travelling through the magic forest with the new GR-1 hardware polyphonic granular Synthesizer!
The YouTuber and musician Metunar travelled in its newest video through the magic forest with the new Tasty Chips Electronics GR-1 granular Synthesizer. This shows nicely the soundscape possibilities with one of the first Synthesizer specially designed for granular synthesis.
Curious about granular devices? Check out the list with the best hardware granular Synthesizers on the market so far!
“Ambient performance with Tasty Chips Electronics GR-1 granular synthesizer in a forest of Onsernone valley in Switzerland. Live recording direct from the GR-1. The GR-1 was used with a Ravpower RP-PB054 powerbank”.
- 128 grains per voice
- 16 voice polyphony
- Standalone or MIDI controllable
- MIDI IN & MIDI THRU connection with DIN and USB MIDI
- High quality stereo audio: internally: 32 bit float, DAC: 44.1KHz, 106 dB SNR
- High quality headphone amplifier with dedicated volume control
- Quad core ARM Cortex-A running optimized Neon SIMD code.
- 800 x 480 pixel, 7” TFT true color display
- Firmware updates via USB
- Sample file uploads in multiple formats via USB
- The GR-1 can handle 32 sample files of 10 MB (about 2 minutes long)
- Presets and performances can be saved to internal flash (4GB) or external (USB) memory
- 2 control voltage assignable inputs 0-5V with voltage protection
- 1 gate output
- 12dB/oct digital lowpass filter with direct and MIDI controls
- 2 assignable LFO’s with waveforms (sine, random, saw, square) and direct controls
- 4 banks of 8 presets all hands-on accessible and overwritable
- ADSR amplitude envelope and Grain window envelope with direct controls
- Rotary encoder for configuration, file/sample selection. Config menus provide extended possibilities beyond what the pots and sliders offer.
- Access to configuration screen providing many more options
- 32 x 21 x 7 cm aluminum casing.
More information here: Tasty Chips Electronics