AU Host by Yoshinori Kokubo is a simple Audio Unit (Effect) host application for iPhone & iPad for live performances.
By the end of June, Yoshinori Kokubo has released version 2 of its AU Host app, a straightforward designed AUv3 effect host application for iPhone and iPad. The aim of this app is to offer musicians a simple host for live performances.
The second version is now universal and compatible with iPad’s. Musicians can use maximum 3 AUv3 effects simultaneously what in my opinion a bit limited. Would be cool to see a future update with up to 5.
AU Host is a simple Audio Unit (Effect) host application for live performance. In addition to Apple’s built-in Audio Unit, you can add an audio unit purchased from the App Store and apply effects to the input instrument sounds, vocals, environmental sounds etc. It corresponds to run in the background playback, performance is possible at the same time as your favorite music player application.
For input, built-in microphone, headset microphone, audio interface etc. are available. The output supports built-in speakers, headphones, audio interfaces, etc. It also supports Bluetooth A2DP speakers (Output sound may be delayed). * Input: Built-in microphone / output: Built-in speaker is selected, the input sound is automatically muted for feedback prevention.
If the user interface is prepared in the Audio Unit, it will be displayed in the application. It supports vertical and horizontal screens and corresponds to scaling up and down. If a preset is provided for the Audio Unit, you can select anything. In addition to maximum 3 of Audio Unit, it is possible to adjust the amount of reverb and the output volume. Switch the sampling frequency and buffer size from the general setting and adjust the latency (The latency is too short impairs the stability of the application, please choose a reasonable value).
Effector’s settings can be saved. To recall, choose (custom) from the preset. When the application is finished, the selected Audio Unit, preset, general settings are automatically saved and will be read it the next start up. The application may become unstable due to adjustment of latency or compatibility with Audio Unit (It does not guarantee complete operation of all Audio Units). If the application terminates incorrectly, you can choose whether to recall the saved state at the next start up.
- This application can add various effects to the sound input from the microphone.
- It is possible to try the effect like the guitar player’s effectors on the iPhone / iPad simply.
- You can mix the effective ambient sounds such as reverberation with music listening by the microphone built-in earphone.
- Even AU Host alone can give various effects to every sound, and you can experience the ambient sound that you have never heard before.
- You can add an audio unit purchased from the App Store. Maximum 3 of Audio Unit is available at the same time.
- It also supports live performances such as instrumentalist and vocalist. You can use the Audio Unit effect without launching a large AU host application.
- Various audio interfaces are available. You can adjust the delay of sound generation by processing, and save / recall effect settings.
New In Version 2
- Maximum 3 Audio Units (effects) can use simultaneously.
- Completely compatible with iPad, it became a universal application.
- Other bugs have been fixed.
AU Host by Yoshinori Kokubo is available now for $0.99 USD for iOS on the Apple App Store.
Available here: AU Host