Two new sound collection by Empty Vessel Sound Design: Entropy includes 64 presets for TAL-Sampler and Somnus, 52 for the delay effect processor Sandman Pro By Unfiltered Audio!
Empty Vessel released over the weekend two new excellent sound sets. Entropy features 64 new presets for the straightforward designed TAL-Sampler. It includes 64 long, evolving, organic textures ranging from dusty/characterful to digital/glitchy.
Somnus is a new patch library that includes 52 new sounds for the powerful Sandman Pro delay effect processor by Unfiltered Audio. These presets allow you to make big drones and characterful effects sounds.
I usually put ‘hold keys’ in the name of very long patches – this time assume this for pretty much all of them as some take up to minutes to fully play through. I see these patches as very useful for soundtrack work, ambient, also bass genres such as dub, techno and d&b. As usual though, I’m happy to be surprised by what they get used for.
- 25 Drone/FX bed – Some harmonic, some noise and textures.
- 5 Keys – Wonky, dusty, noisy, some warm some cold and icy.
- 34 Pads – Very varied from subtly noisy and pleasing to glitchy, crackly and noisy.
Originally conceived to add movement and unusual ambiences to pad sounds these patches are useful on all sorts of audio so experimentation is key. T
- Huge Lush reverbs
- Crusty bitcrushed noisy ambiences
- Deep dubby delays
- Complex modulated echoes some with pitch shifting and random glitches
- Glistening ‘Lanois/Eno’ style shimmery thingys
- Endless dusty dronemakers
- Granular-esque escapades
- Tape-stop effect and glitchy repeats.
- A bit of all-out craziness but not too much
Empty Vessel Sound Design Entropy & Somnus are now available for purchase for $14.50 USD each.
More information here: Empty Vessel