Treadstone is an analog voice for the Eurorack format that offers everything you need to start in one module: Osc, Filter, Envelope, LFO, mixer, amp & lo-fi echo.
Back at Superbooth 2018, Analogue Solutions presented their SynthBlocks Treadstone Synthesizer as an Eurorack module. It features everything you need to start with a synthesis in one single module: oscillator, filter, LFO, envelope, mixer, amp and a lo-fi echo. On top, it comes with a cool built-in MIDI looper /sequencer.
The company just announced that this beginner friendly synth voice module is now available worldwide.
Versatile Analogue Synth and Sound Maker
No compromise has been made with the construction of Treadstone. Cheaper options in parts have not been used.
- Full rugged steel/aluminium case – no plastic mouldings
- Good quality smooth, fully sealed against dust
- Good quality knobs with spun aluminium caps
- High grade double sided circuit board
- Analogue discrete VCO, analogue SSM style 24db filter
- High Quality 16bit DAC for MIDI-CV conversion Stable MIDI to CV
- MIDI converter
- MIDI loop sequencer
- LFO, Noise, Sub Osc, EG, PWM, lofi digital echo
- Analogue voice and modulation circuits
- Stable analogue oscillator
- Designed, built, tested and assembled in the UK
- True retro analogue voice and modulation circuits used in the synth element to give an authentic retro
- Real solid wood (not ply!)
- Oscillator: The VCO is very analogue and uses discrete components and op-amps. One oscillator, yet still sounds big – using PWM and Sub Osc creates a full warm and deep sound.
- Low Frequency Oscillator: The LFO has triangle and square wave modulation signals.
- Filter: Treadstone uses a four pole 24bB per octave multimode filter. The filter is a re-issue of the classic SSM2044, as used in many classic synths such as the Korg Poly 6, Monopoly, Emulator, SP1200.
- Mixer: Audio signals such as the VCO, Noise, external audio are all routed to the VCF via an analogue mixer.
- Amp: Audio signals such as the VCO, Noise, external audio are all routed to the VCF via an analogue mixer.
- Envelope: The EG features ATTACK, SUSTAIN, and combined DECAY/RELEASE. It’s not really true to say it is an ASR envelope, it really is an ADSR – Decay and Release are both controlled by the same control. Saving space with little compromise in flexibility. It’s possible to drone or auto-repeat the envelope also.
- Modulation: Great thought has been placed into modulation route choices, allowing a wide range of sounds to be produced, including percussion and ‘modular’ style sounds.
Analogue Solutions Treadstone Synthesizer for the Eurorack format is now available for 419€, £359 and $399 USD.
More information here: Analogue Solutions