Softube launched today a new plugin in their Weiss Collection series. Weiss Deess is a new digital mastering de-esser plugin that features algorithms from the DS1-MK3.
Beside this, the Swedish company released updated version of tits Tube-Tech plugins: PE 1C Pultec Program Equalizer, ME 1B Mid-Range Equalizer, CL 1B Optical Compressor and Classical Channel plugin. The new versions come with new features and a optimised interface.
Whether you’re trying to tame sibilance in a lead vocal, rein in a sharp-sounding hi-hat, or reduce harshness while mastering, a truly great de-esser is as elusive as it is essential. Enter the Weiss Deess, available as an individual plug-in or as part of the Weiss DS1-MK3 collection.
Most de-essers – even modern digital or plug-in units – lack versatility, user-friendliness, appropriate visualisation, or quite simply don’t work like you hope they will.
With a combination of the highly-prized sonics of the industry gold-standard Weiss DS1-MK3 – the go-to digital hardware de-essing unit used in top mastering studios the world over – and a totally modern and focused approach in design, Softube is psyched to announce the Weiss Deess Plug-in. Stop searching, start succeeding – this is the de-esser.
- The best-sounding de-esser available, with code-ported algorithms from the industry standard DS1-MK3.
- Two bands of de-essing. This is the only de-esser you’ll need.
- Stunning and intuitive visualisations make this de-esser a breeze to use.
- Clean tweak-and-go faceplate, with immensely detailed controls hidden in side-menu.
- Ultra-professional tool, but without the daunting, complex look.
- Low-latency mode allows you to de-ess while tracking a vocal.
- All the versatility you need in terms of filter shapes, frequencies etc.
For the first time ever, the two EQs exist in a single plug-in GUI, giving the complete intended workflow immediately and intuitively. The CL 1B Mk II compressor features new sidechain low-cut filtering, and a parallel blend knob. On top of the new features in the CL 1B, the Classic Channel Mk II now has mid/side processing capabilities. The following bundles are available:
- Tube-Tech Mk II Compressor Collection includes the CL 1B Mk II compressor and the original legacy CL 1B compressor.
- Tube-Tech Mk II EQ Collection includes the combined Tube-Tech Mk II equalizer and the original legacy PE 1C and ME 1B equalizers.
- Tube-Tech Complete Collection includes both collections.
Weiss Deess is now available with an 10% OFF discount, priced at $179 USD ex. VAT until June 16th, 2018 (regular $199 USD). Weiss Deess is also included in the Weiss DS1-MK3 plugin. For limited time, you can purchase the updated Tube-Tech MK II plugins with an up to 30% OFF discount.