The BEHRINGER Neutron Synthesizer (pre-production unit) has landed end of February in my studio. Since some have already released a first look on the Neutron (Ask.Audio, DivKid, Gaz Williams, SYNTH ANATOMY…) with the main features, it’s now time for more exciting topics from the Neutron.
In the first Neutron Synth Feature video, I demonstrate the difference between the step and blend mode inside the analog oscillators. Normally, if you use an analog Synthesizer, you step through the different waveforms. Here you can usually hear the significant jump between the waveforms. The Neutron has beside the classic step mode also a blend mode where you can blend/morph very smoothly through the different waveforms.
Both functions (step & blend mode) can also be automated with an LFO, Envelope or other modulations tools. This feature is especially exciting in sound design. So you can quickly make a simple sequence livelier or even produce experimental patches.
- Paraphonic synthesizer with authentic dual 3340 analog oscillators for insanely fat music creation
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO design to recreate classic sound performance
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, saw tooth, pulse, triangle, sine wave)
- Individual pulse width / tone mod control provides ultimate sounds
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Flexible LFO with fi ve waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync, key sync and delay / fade in
- Two analogue ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Overdrive circuit adds rich analog warmth and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 36 controls and 7 buttons give you direct and real time access to all parameters
- Switchable, self-oscillating, multi-mode analog 12 dB/Oct VCF with dual output (e.g. LP+HP available on jacks) Utility functions including attenuators, multiples, slew rate limiter and summers for creative patching flexibility
- 32 in / 24 out jack matrix for an incredible amount of patching options
- Patchable audio-rate sample and hold with glide for added creativity
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/Midi implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
More information will be available soon here: BEHRINGER