After BEHRINGER burst the Neutron bomb during the NAMM, the musicians are waiting for sound demos. As one knows from other announcements of the company, this can take some time. For the Neutron, it seems to be faster. The YouTuber DivKid, beta tester of the Neutron, has already published two videos about the Neutron Synthesizer in the last few days on his channel.
They are a little blurry but give you a good overview of the sounds. Supporters on Patreon even have the opportunity to watch more videos about it. There are already more than two videos published. But don’t panic, these videos will coming on a later moment on his YouTube channel. At the moment they are Patreon exclusive content.
Paraphonic VCO & Filter Workout
The sound is impressive. It sounds powerful and interesting without copying a device from the past. For an official price of $ 299 USD, the first sound demos sound very solid in my opinion.
The first video is not a typical sound demo but goes more in an experimental direction.
- Paraphonic synthesizer with authentic dual 3340 analog oscillators for insanely fat music creation
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO design to recreate classic sound performance
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, saw tooth, pulse, triangle, sine wave)
- Individual pulse width / tone mod control provides ultimate sounds
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Flexible LFO with fi ve waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync, key sync and delay / fade in
- Two analogue ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Overdrive circuit adds rich analog warmth and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 36 controls and 7 buttons give you direct and real time access to all parameters
- Switchable, self-oscillating, multi-mode analog 12 dB/Oct VCF with dual output (e.g. LP+HP available on jacks) Utility functions including attenuators, multiples, slew rate limiter and summers for creative patching flexibility
- 32 in / 24 out jack matrix for an incredible amount of patching options
- Patchable audio-rate sample and hold with glide for added creativity
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/Midi implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The BEHRINGER Neutron will be available for $299 USD and shipping from the factory will begin in April.
More information available soon here: BEHRINGER