Now it’s getting exciting. The first music shops from USA (Guitar Center…) have published today all the features as well as the selling price of the analog semi-modular Synthesizer Neutron from Behringer.
Edit: Behringer confirmed today that the Neutron Synthesizer will be priced at $299 USD and will start shipping in April.
Guitar Center writes about the Behringer Neutron Synthesizer
The NEUTRON Paraphonic Analog and Semi-Modular Synthesizer by Behringer features VCO’s from the legendary 3340’s, but amended with new circuitry. In fact, the filter is a complete new design. Behringer calls it the Moffatt filter, named after design engineer Keith Moffatt at their Manchester Innovation center. Keith has been experimenting for years with new synth and in particular filter designs. The Moffatt filter is a great contribution to, and just one of the many innovative features you will find in the Neutron.
- Paraphonic synthesizer with authentic dual 3340 analog oscillators for insanely fat music creation
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO design to recreate classic sound performance
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, saw tooth, pulse, triangle, sine wave)
- Individual pulse width / tone mod control provides ultimate sounds
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Flexible LFO with fi ve waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync, key sync and delay / fade in
- Two analogue ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Overdrive circuit adds rich analog warmth and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 36 controls and 7 buttons give you direct and real time access to all parameters
- Switchable, self-oscillating, multi-mode analog 12 dB/Oct VCF with dual output (e.g. LP+HP available on jacks) Utility functions including attenuators, multiples, slew rate limiter and summers for creative patching flexibility
- 32 in / 24 out jack matrix for an incredible amount of patching options
- Patchable audio-rate sample and hold with glide for added creativity
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/Midi implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The price of $299 USD has been confirmed by Behringer.
Source: Guitar Center