The MUSE Plug & Play is a new MIDI interface for the Moog Minimoog Synthesizer that offers new MIDI features and improves the workflow with the iconic analog instrument!
The Moog Minimoog (reissue or vintage) remains the original even after the release of the Behringer Model D. It’s an handmade analogue instruments that has a lot history in it and build with a lot love. With the reissue Moog brought again the classic Minimoog in the year 2015 on the market. Unfortunately, last year they discontinued it already. Even though it now has MIDI support but the reissue still lacks on important Mini functionalities: no MIDI connection of the modulation-wheel, decay or of the glide-switches. Also the pitch-bend is quite imprecise on the re-issue.
A Viennese company with the name Virtual Music launched a new plug & play interface “The MUSE” specially designed or the Minimoog reissue that solve many of these problems and adds a lot of new features.
MUSE turns the new Minimoog Reissue into the best synthesizer ever! The MUSE (Minimoog´s Ultimate System Extension) is a new plag&play interface for the Minimoog Reissue. The MUSE solves the conceptual restrictions of the synthesizer (imprecise pitch-bend, no MIDI connection of modulation-wheel or decay and glide switches, pitch-wheel issues caused by the current firmware, etc.) and offers new and helpful functions. MUSE is the invisible workhorse for the live and studio performance. The MUSE definitely turns the Minimoog Reissue into the best synthesizer ever.
Functions for the (live) performance
- The pitch wheel has a clear center position now – no more detuning at the center point
- The pitch wheel range can be set from 0 to 12 precise semi tones
- The intensity of the modulation wheel can be reduced to 25% – for a sensitive control of the modulation signal
- The after-touch can control the amount of modulation
- An additional “fingered glide” mode automatically activates the portamento effect (= Autoglide)
- All functions can be changed quickly via the keyboard and saved permanently
Functions for the MIDI studio
- The modulation wheel sends and receives MIDI controller data
- MIDI-after-touch can control the strength of the modulation
- Both switches – Glide and Decay – send and receive MIDI data
- MUSE also smooth out external MIDI-pitch-bend data. Incoming MIDI-bending sounds as smooth as it was played directly on the keyboard
- The MIDI pitch bend bug of the Moog firmware V1.8 is solved by MUSE
- At “Local off” all left hand controllers are separated by the internal sound generator and affect the MIDI-out only (especially the pitch-wheel!)
The installation is quite easy. The included instructions show how the installation can be done. MUSE is placed into the open left hand controller – without soldering and without drilling. There is also no need for additional buttons or switches. All parameters are changed either per MIDI commands or directly on the keyboard with theintelligent “keyboard mode”. Without any mechanical or optical changes, the value of your Minimoog ™ is retained.
Also the operation is easy. The included instructions describe both the concept and the operation of MUSE. Via MIDI or directly on the keyboard you can change and save the operating modes. All settings are available immediately after switching on the Minmoog. Quite soon, you will know all the tricks by heart and can concentrate on your music.
Firmware and Updates
The software from MUSE has passed many long-term test in the studio and on stage. For future updates, MUSE provides a USB port. By means of a computer and a new firmware, you always remain up-to-date. If available new updates are posted right here. By the way, the USB cable is included in the scope of supply.
The Muse By Virtual Studio is now available for 354€ (including VAT)
More information here: Virtual Studio