Just before the weekend, Isotonik Studios has released a new product. ULTRAKICK is a new state-of-the-art Max for Live Kick Drum Synthesizer.
From the very beginning, ULTRAKICK has been developed with the end user in mind and has been codeveloped and tested with a select group of electronic music producers.
A 100% Synthesis Engine
ULTRAKICK is based on 100% synth engine and no samples are involved. It features 2 oscillators and each oscillator is divided in 8 partials that gives you a lot of different sound design options. Beside the 2 oscillators, the engine features also a noise generator and a complex but versatile modulation section.
In the dedicated envelope overlay, you get per example an excellent overview of them. With just one single click you can also change the tuning by moving all frequency-related envelopes up or down. Organic sounds are also possible without problems in ULTRAKICK because it features spread settings for the frequency envelopes. To simply the work and give more precision to sound designers, the developer of ULTRAKICK includes numerical envelope programming points.
Straightforward Interface Design
This complete kick drum synthesis engine is built-inside a straightforward interface that allows you work very quick. Very cool made is the audio flow tab which reveals all audio routing and makes it very easy to understand the structure of the engine. Additional built-in help/tips sections provides you a good starting point. Also action menus for quick actions like envelope randomisation or oscillator presets are available. This allows musicians to work very time efficient with the engine. Not to forget,a undo/redo feature is implemented and a preset manager with interchangeable preset files is also available.
- 100% synthesis: no samples involved.
- 8 partials per oscillator with unprecedented options for sound design.
- AUDIO FLOW tab: reveals all audio routing, makes synth easily understandable.
- Tuning: move all frequency-related envelopes up or down with a single click.
- Envelopes overlay: maintaining overview at all times.
- Spread settings for frequency envelopes: create organic sounds with no effort.
- Action menus for quick actions like envelope randomization and osc partial presets.
- Accurate waveform image rendering.
- Flawless sound retriggering: absolutely no clicks, even at high retriggering speeds.
- Numerical envelope point programming for high precision sound design.
- Undo/redo system.
- Built-in help/tips section and mouseover hints throughout the interface.
- Robust preset system with easily interchangeable preset files.
ULTRAKICK by Daan Pothoven is now available for 30€ / $36 USD / £23.99 from the official Isotonik Studios shop.
More information here: ULTRAKICK