The Functions Of The FabFilter Pro-L1 Extended With New Algorithms
FabFilter Pro-L 2 introduces four new limiting algorithms. Modern is the new ‘best for all’ algorithm that produces even better results than the Transparent and Allround algorithms from version 1. Aggressive is great for maximum loudness — well suited for EDM or rock music. Bus has been designed specifically for drums and limiting of individual tracks, while Safe’s goal is not maximum loudness, but to avoid distortion at all times.
Advanced Processing Technics For Pro Level Tasks
Complete support for surround audio with flexible channel linking makes FabFilter Pro-L 2 much more versatile in multi-channel scenarios, while the sound quality is even higher than before with up to 32x linear- phase oversampling. New features like a DC offset filter, external side chain triggering for stem mastering, and a Unity Gain option ensure that Pro-L 2 is the solution to any mastering challenge.
Interface Enhancements For Faster And Easy Work
The unique real-time level display is now even more effective with new innovative display modes, including an Infinite mode that shows all audio for an entire session. Moments of significant gain reduction are highlighted with peak labels to give additional insight in the limiting process. Last but not least, the interface has been carefully redesigned to be aesthetically pleasing with a perfectly optimized workflow.Interface improvement for faster and easier work
Features of FabFilter Pro-L 2
- Great transparent sound combined with maximum loudness.
- Eight sophisticated, carefully tuned limiting algorithms, all with their own character and purpose.
- True peak limiting.
- Up to 32x linear-phase oversampling to minimize aliasing and inter-sample peaks.
- Low CPU usage.
- Highly accurate output and gain reduction metering, including true peak metering.
- Extensive loudness metering with support for the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4, and ATSC A/85 standards.
- Various meter scale settings, including K-System support.
- Surround support, including Dolby Atmos 7.0.2 and 7.1.2 formats with flexible surround channel linking.
- Unique, highly-informative real-time level display, showing input, output, gain change, and loudness levels over time with key gain reduction readings and four different display modes.
- Optional DC offset filter.
- External side chain triggering for stem mastering.
- Unity Gain option to easily listen to the effect of the current limiting at unity gain level.
- Audition Limiting option to listen to the difference between the input and output signal.
- Adjustable Look-ahead, Attack, and Release settings to fine-tune the sound of the algorithms.
- Separate, freely-adjustable channel linking for both the transient and release stages.
- Professional dithering with three different noise shaping algorithms.
- Easy to set up for common limiting situations with the included factory presets.
- Adapts automatically to stereo, mono, and surround channel layouts.
- Full Screen mode for precise adjustments and insightful metering.
- Multiple interface sizes: Small, Medium, and Large, as well as a separate Compact mode. Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows.
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration.
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces.
FabFilter Pro-L 2 is now available (VST/VST3/AU/RTAS/AAX/AudioSuite) for 169€ /$199 USD /£149 GBP. Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to FabFilter Pro-L 2 with very attractive discounts by logging in to their online user account. A 30-day trial version is available for download.
More information here: FabFilter Pro-L2
Available here: FabFilter Pro-L2