After the official announcement of the Maschine MK3, it’s now for the new Komplete Kontrol Mk2 keyboards by Native Instruments. The new versions will be available in a 49 /61 keys version and features 17 new additional functions buttons and two high-resolution colour screens. Also interesting is a new horizontal touch strip positioned near the pitch and mod wheels for additional expression. Nice further developments, really love the big screens but I have fear that these controllers are very big and take a lot space in the studio.
KOMPLETE KONTROL Mk2 extends the original keyboard’s workflow with 17 additional function buttons and two high-resolution color screens for browsing, previewing sounds, and more. And now – thanks to enhanced DAW and MASCHINE integration – it’s possible to mix, navigate, and edit projects directly from the hardware. The professional-grade Fatar keybeds and unique Light Guide are joined by new pitch and mod wheels, plus a horizontal touch strip for additional expression.
- Smart keyboard controller for all your virtual instruments
- Pro-grade Fatar keybeds with aftertouch – 49 or 61 semi-weighted keys
- Ergonomic pitch and mod wheels, plus touch strip for expression control
- Pre-mapped control of KOMPLETE instruments and hundreds of Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) instruments from leading manufacturers
- Full VSTi support
- Tag-based preset browsing: Find sounds quickly and hear instant previews
- Two high-res color screens for browsing, tweaking, mixing, and more
- Light Guide: RGB lights above each key highlight drum cells, key switches, chords, scales, and more
- Smart Play: See scales and modes on the Light Guide, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only
- Deep integration with MASCHINE software / hardware
- Intuitive control over Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, and GarageBand. Cubase and Nuendo integration coming soon after initial release
- 4-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation
- Two assignable pedal inputs
- MIDI in / out
- USB 2.0 bus powered
- Includes KOMPLETE 11 SELECT
The KOMPLETE KONTROL S49 & S61 will be available at the NI Online shop & retailers from October 5, 2017 priced 599€ /$599 & 699€ / $699.
Available here for pre-order: