IK Multimedia announced just before the weekend that Syntronik is now available for purchase. Syntronik is a vintage Synth collection including 17 instruments, covering sounds from 38 multi-sampled vintage synths. To add more authenticity to this library, the IK Multimedia team developed a DRIFT™ technology that brings realism of subtle oscillator variations. On top, you receive 38 high-quality effects to refine the sounds of this vintage machines.
July 20, 2017 – IK Multimedia is proud to announce that Syntronik™, the legendary synth powerhouse for Mac® and PC, is now shipping worldwide.
Syntronik offers the definitive and best-sounding collection of vintage synthesizers in a virtual instrument to date. It provides unsurpassed quality and flexibility thanks to an entirely new combination of the most advanced sampling techniques with a unique hybrid sample and modelling synthesis engine, a large assortment of high-quality modelled effects and innovative instrument features.
Syntronik – a dream collection of synths
Syntronik includes a collection of 17 amazing instruments with over 2,000 sounds covering a wide selection from 38 of the most iconic to ultra-rare vintage synthesizers of all time:
- 99 – Based on the Yamaha SY99
- Blau – Classic sounds of the PPG Wave 2.3
- Bully – Iconic bass sounds of the Moog Taurus I, II and 3
- DCO-X – Based on the Roland JX-3P, JX-8P and JX-10 classic synths
- Galaxy – Iconic sounds of the Alesis Andromeda
- Harpy 260 – Classic sounds of the ARP 2600
- J-8 – Iconic sounds of the Roland Jupiter 4, 6 and 8
- J-60 – Based on the Juno 60, including analog modelled chorus
- Minimod – Based on the Minimoog, Modular and Voyager synths
- Noir – Based on the Moog Prodigy, Micromoog and Multimoog
- OXa – Classic sounds of the Oberheim OB-X and OB-Xa
- Polymorph – Based on the Polymoog, Opus 3, Rogue, and Concertmate MG-1
- Pro-V – Classic sounds of the Prophet-5 and Prophet-10
- SAM – Iconic sounds of the Oberheim SEM synthesizer
- String Box – Based on ARP, Elka, Hohner, and Roland string machines
- T-03 – Iconic bass sounds of the Roland TB-303
- V-80 – Classic sounds of the Yamaha CS-80, GX-1 and CS-01
Setting the new standard in virtual synthesizer instruments
To accurately reproduce the real sound of vintage synthesizers sampling their sound-generating oscillators is the only way to ensure truly authentic results. Each of the 38 synths in Syntronik was meticulously multi-sampled using the most advanced techniques available, creating a library of over 50GB and 70,000 samples.
Adding even greater realism, the proprietary DRIFT™ technology in Syntronik varies the phase, colour and pitch of the sampled oscillators in a subtle fashion to keep them moving just like real analog oscillators. Much more than simple detuning or even multiple-source modulation, DRIFT faithfully reproduces the behaviour of oscillators from real hardware synths.
Circuit-modelled filters from the experts
Syntronik’s unique hybrid synthesis engine reaches far beyond the limits of traditional sampling thanks to a brand new analog modelled filter section built with the experience and know-how from IK, the company that pioneered virtual circuit modelling. Syntronik offers 7 filter types including 4 of the best sounding analog filters of all time: the Moog transistor ladder, Roland’s IR3109 chip, the famous Curtis CEM3320 chip and the Oberheim SEM state variable filter. This allows for pristine reproduction of the most critical section of every synthesizer. Syntronik also provides a Classic low-pass filter and powerful digital filters like Formant and Phase that can take the analog source oscillators into a whole new world of sonic possibilities. Plus, all 7 filters can be selected within each included instrument, enabling users to mix and match them at will – like using a Moog filter with Oberheim oscillators – for unique combinations never heard before.
Advanced features and effects
Also included in Syntronik is a full suite of 38 professional effects with a lunch-box style configuration that is unmatched in the world of virtual instruments, along with advanced features like 4-part layers, splits and arpeggiators. This makes Syntronik the ultimate source of inspiration with a huge array of synthesizer sounds ranging from exact recreations true to the originals to completely unique sounds ready to cover productions in any genre and style.
Syntronik’s sounds can be opened seamlessly in SampleTank 3 (with the version 3.7 update available from the IK Multimedia website), allowing them to be used individually or as 4-part instruments together with the vast and continually expanding range of instruments available in the SampleTank library. The SampleTank version 3.7 update includes new features such as the Channel Strip and Ensemble Chorus effects as well as 6 new filter types, increasing the power and flexibility of the industry-standard sound and groove workstation for even greater creative possibilities.
Syntronik Free is a great way to check out the superior sound quality and flexibility of the legendary synth powerhouse at no cost. In this version users can experience all 17 instruments with 50 available sounds including the full functionality of all controls, 38 effects, 4-part layers, splits and arpeggiators. Users who want to build their customized synth studio one instrument at a time can easily expand Syntronik Free via the built-in “In-App Shop”. Each of the 17 instruments, available separately, has full functionality and includes all the presets relating to the corresponding instrument from the collection library.
- 17 powerful instruments with familiar panel designs and easy to use controls.
- A collection of 38 iconic synthesizers and string machines.
- Multi-sampled oscillators for ultimate authenticity.
- 4 classic types of circuit-modeled filters to shape sounds.
- DRIFT™ technology for realism of subtle oscillator variations.
- Mix and match oscillators with filters for new original sounds.
- True 4-part synth to create rich sounds with layers and splits.
- 4 dynamic arpeggiators for complex rhythmic textures.
- 38 high-quality effects derived from AmpliTube and T-RackS.
- More than 50GB of sounds and over 2,000 presets.
- Browser search by category or keyword to find sounds in seconds.
- Optimized resizable interface.
- Load Syntronik sounds into SampleTank 3 for more expandability.
- Works as a 64-bit plug-in or standalone instrument for Mac/PC.
Pricing and availability
Users with qualifying IK products* can crossgrade for as low as $/€199.99** via direct download or $/€229.99 for a boxed copy. New users can get Syntronik for as low as $/€299.99 via direct download or $/€329.99 for a boxed copy.
Syntronik Free is available as a complimentary download from the IK Multimedia website and is expandable with Syntronik Instruments available individually via the built-in “In-App Shop” for $/€49.99 each.
SampleTank version 3.7 update is available as a download from the IK Multimedia website.
* The crossgrade is available to registered IK users with an existing purchase of $/€99.99 or greater
** All prices excluding taxes
More informations here: IK Multimedia Syntronik