On the NAMM 2016, the ZOOM ARQ AR-96 caused a look because it was something completely new, which was not yet there. Unfortunately, this hype quickly fled since you had not heard of it for a long time and many noticed that the device is relatively limited in its sound.
In the meantime, the device is available from music specialist dealers and ZOOM announced today a major firmware 2.0 Update for the entire device. This update includes excellent new features like custom-sample import, editable arpeggiator and much more. Will we this device more under musicians? It will been seen in the coming months and years. Nonetheless, a good decision from ZOOM to enhance the features of this special instrument.
ARQ AR-96 Firmware Version 2.0 Update
- An overall re-styling of graphics and icons used on the AR-96’s main LCD offers a more intuitive user’s experience with the instrument
- Images on LCD and actions from the Ring Controller are now seamlessly integrated providing a user-friendly approach to Pattern and Song making
- Sound parameters can now be accessed instantly and edited on the fly through the ARQ’s enhanced onboard Knobs and Cursor buttons
- In addition, you can expand the ARQ with your own original samples by importing WAV files into the internal synth engine’s OSCillator and edit them like a Sampler
- A fully-editable Arpeggiator is now available and the Accelerometer functions are expanded for controlling the ring Controller’s sound parameters and effects
- Integration with Mac/PC has been taken a step further with all parameters now assignable to MIDI Out (via USB-MIDI port) from the Base Station and Ring Controller. You can record your own electronic music from the ARQ directly into the bundled Ableton Live Lite software
- Finally the AR-96 Editor is made available for viewing and accessing all functions through your Mac screen in the studio or on your laptop during live performance
More informations here: ZOOM ARQ Aero RhythmTrak AR-96