FXpansion released a new version 2 of their great drum sampler Geist 2. The GUI looks better, quicker and the workflow seems now better. I wasn’t beta tester so I can’t tell you more than the official informations. There is a good discount available for owners of Geist 1.
Geist 2 is a streamlined environment for beat creation and sound sculpting that provides instant inspiration and new ideas for your productions. It combines deep sample manipulation, arrangement and modulation capabilities for intuitive and fast workflow. Geist2 is designed so that nothing gets in the way of your creativity. Equally at home as a triggered sample player, loop machine, performance beatbox, production station, or all of these at once, so you can approach beat making your way.
Geist 2 features
- Load samples or record direct to pads, slice loops, intuitively sequence beats and manipulate your sounds with unprecedented speed.
- Trigger scenes and retro-capture performances to take the pressure out of the recording process.
- Create evolving polyrhythmic beats with individual track lengths, event probability and the new TransMod modulation system.
- Reworked vector interface can be resized, rescaled and reconfigured to your needs.
- Circuit-modelled filters, new effects, loop point modulation, 64 pads for slicing longer loops and much more.
- Vintage sampler emulation mode for authentic old-school crunch.
- Quality sounds and loops to inspire your creativity.